This weekend, I just wanted to make Smores. I was craving the gooey marshmallows, the melty chocolate, and crispy graham crackers. However, it was around 25 degrees outside, and making a fire or using the grill was out of the question. So, I did a simple Pinterest search for “smores desserts” and found this recipe for a Smores Casserole by Shawn over at I Wash, You Dry. The results were amazing and a huge success with some friends who came over to enjoy it!
- 2 tubes refrigerated crescent rolls
- 16 oz Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 7 oz Marshmallow Creme
- 1 pack (8 or 9 sheets) graham crackers
- 1/2 cup butter melted and divided
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
Pre-heat oven to 375. Unroll tube of crescent rolls and press into a greased 9×13 pan. Cream together softened cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar. Once creamy, add marshmallow creme and beat until mixed well. Spread evenly over crescent rolls. In a gallon ziplock bag, finely crush together graham crackers with 2 tbsp butter and 3 tbsp sugar. Spread over cream cheese layer. Sprinkle chocolate chips over the graham crackers, then the marshmallows. Spread second tube of crescent rolls on top and bake for about 13 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with remaining butter.
The results are a deliciously rich, gooey, and creamy mixture of the best Smores ingredients! I like it served warm, of course, but Mister Spice enjoyed this after it had been refrigerated overnight and was chilled. We both give this recipe 5 out of 5 herbs!
- *2 tubes refrigerated crescent rolls
- *16 oz Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
- *7 oz Marshmallow Creme
- *1 cup sugar, divided
- *1 pack (8 or 9 sheets) graham crackers
- *1/2 cup butter, melted and divided
- *2 cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- *2 cups mini marshmallows
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- Roll out one tube of crescent rolls into greased 9x13 dish.
- Cream together cream cheese and sugar; add in marshmallow creme, and spread over crescent rolls.
- In a gallon ziplock bag, finely crush together graham crackers with 2 tbsp butter and 3 tbsp sugar. Spread over cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips and marshmallows on top, then cover with second tube of crescent rolls.
- Bake for 13 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with butter when removed from oven.
a food blog, visit here: Food Blog Resources Page
Where to next? Check out a Top Article