Pillsbury Chocolate Chip Dip
January 1st, 2013
Happy New Year! I can’t believe how quickly 2012 flew by. Time flies when you’re having fun….or really stressed and so busy that the next thing you know, a whole year has passed!
But I’m sure nobody can relate to that
Last night, Mister Spice and I rang in the New Year with some friends of ours and their adorable girls, Ava and Ana. We enjoyed finger foods and sparkling grape juice throughout the night. And while I contributed some recipes that have already been featured on the blog (Mrs. Herb’s Spinach and Artichoke Dip, for instance) I also whipped up a delicious Pillsbury Chocolate Chip Dip. It’s amazing how incredibly tasty and addictive a few simple ingredients can be!
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick of butter (1/2 cup), softened
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla (not pictured here because I’m forgetful like that)
- 1 cup or so of miniature chocolate chips (I prefer Nestle’s semi-sweet)
- Graham Cracker pieces, vanilla wafers, fruit, or anything else you can think of to serve with this dip!
Whip together cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy, then add confectioner’s sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla and beat until smooth.
Stir in chocolate chips and transfer to serving bowl.
Then eat so much of it that you get a stomach ache.
Or don’t, and show that you have much more self-control than I do.
My friends and I all agree: This recipe deserves an easy 5/5 herbs! Enjoy!
You can leave a response
, or trackback
from your own site.